Why do (Etsy) shipping costs matter? An online seller whose shipping costs are above average might prevent shoppers from purchasing. On the other hand, you might decide to stop selling something for its expensive price to deliver and reduces your profit margins!
So who should pay for shipping?
- Customers: There’s a cost for shipping and many sellers feel that this should be paid all, or in part, by the buyer. It makes sense though, especially on a site like Etsy where you’re getting one-of-a-kind handmade items.
- Sellers: A part of the population will not buy anything that charges in delivery. That said, shipping isn’t free and you will have to cover that fee when calculating your profits.
- Tips: You should reduce your Etsy shipping costs a bit or pay a part of them if they’re too high. This could help get your prices in line, especially if you’re an overseas seller.
Finally, what can sellers do to minimize shipping cost?
1. Use calculated shipping unless you’re fully aware of what your Etsy shipping costs will be
This eCommerce website does provide sellers with Etsy shipping costs automatic calculation. In case you’re a newbie and haven’t fully understood how it works, make use of what’s already in store. After the calculated fees turn up, you can always alter your package weight to get a reasonable shipping cost.
2. Only test free shipping on some items until you see if they do increase sales
Here’s the thing. Some sellers might take this tip too quickly without any real considerations. There’s no need to do free shipping for your whole store at once! If the option doesn’t work out, much of your profit margins will be affected. So, rather than that, you should experiment free shipping on several items first to make sure it does boost your online sales.
3. Purchase boxes that are sized right for most of your items
Recycling is a wonderful act but can take up more time than it’s worth. An optimal solution is to get vast amount of packaging supplies at a wholesale price. By using boxes of the most common size for your items, you’re still able to protect the environment without complicating your shipping process.
Good luck on your business journey of conquering Etsy in the most efficient way. I hope you’ll have some tricks to minimize Etsy shipping costs up your sleeves after this useful article!
To learn more about eCommerce A-Z, visit us at SoldBiz Website and Facebook Page.
SoldBiz Website: http://soldbiz.co/
SoldBiz Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SoldBiz.co/